Monday 15 July 2013

Dark Days, Dark Nights

-->
Dark Days, Dark Nights

Even though it’s light, it seems so dark
Darkness is my world, a void of black nothingness
Night becomes day yet the colour does not change
An endless tunnel with no end
A deep hole with no top
No escape from the black clouds that never move

Black thoughts control my life
Black feelings anesthetize my emotions
I do not care, I do not feel
I cannot see and I cannot hear
Blackness surrounds me, clouds all that I do
Dark images envelop me, consuming my life

Where did this darkness come from?
Why does it linger?
Even my dark nights are darker than dark
Stopping me sleeping, even the sheep are black
Nightmares are constant, no meaning, no why
Waking bathed in sweat only to find you are still there
Angry thoughts and angry ideas, it’s just so dark

Not even a single ray of light
No hope and no future
It seems as if I am doomed to live in this place
I’m blinded by the blackness, like a bat out of hell
Where is the light, where do I go?
There is no end in sight, but I still have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment